The Moncks Corner United Methodist Church was organized on November 17, 1926, with 97 charter members and was placed on the Pinopolis Charge as its 6th church. Worship services were first conducted in the Masonic Hall; later the church accepted an offer to use the sanctuary of the First Christian Church. When the services began to conflict, permission was given to use the school auditorium. On March 17, 1929, the first worship service was held in our new church home, a small white frame building with a Sunday School room in each of the four corners.
In 1946, The Pinopolis Charge was divided and Moncks Corner and Ebenezer became the Moncks Corner Charge. In 1948, the Bethshan Methodist Church in Cordesville was closed and its membership and properties were transferred to the Moncks Corner Church. The Ebenezer Church, by mutual consent, withdrew from the Moncks Corner Charge in 1983. On June 1, 1953, the Whetstone Education Building was completed. Records indicate that 5,862 man-hours were contributed to allow it to open debt-free.
On July 18, 1954, the first worship service was held in our present sanctuary. The Education Building was completed in 1964. In 2005, the new Fellowship Hall was completed.
Today, we commit ourselves to the continuing call of God, to be His people at the corner of Live Oak Drive and Church Street.